PEPPER Download Instructions
View a printable version of these instructions.
- Log in to your QualityNet account to access the PEPPER file. If you have problems with your QualityNet account, view our frequently asked questions or contact your hospital's My QualityNet administrator. The QualityNet administrator may contact the PEPPERresources.org Help Desk.
- Click on Send/Receive under the Exchange Files task of your My QualityNet page. Upon accessing File Exchange, Inbox messages are displayed. Unopened messages appear in bold text and have an “unopened” icon next to the row. When you click on a message row, the row becomes highlighted in yellow. You should be able to see the sender’s name at “From:”, Auto Route Delivery at “Subject:” and the date and time received at “Date Received:” The message reads “The attached file(s) have been delivered via Auto Route.”
- The attached PEPPER file is an Excel file with a name resembling “123456_01001_STPEPP_Q2FY10_HOSPITAL.xls”. Click in the box to the left of the PEPPER file name and click the Download button in the lower left corner. You'll be warned that when downloading selected files to one folder, any duplicate file names will be overwritten without warning. Answer “OK” when prompted "Do you wish to continue?"
- A window may appear that indicates that the file download process is “Registering.” In the “Save in” field, select a folder or location where you want the file to be downloaded to on your computer, and then click Save. If the download process does not complete at this point, check the version of Java on your computer. Java version 1.6 or above seems to work best for the downloading process (you will probably need your IT support to assist).
- A window may appear that indicates the PEPPER file is being transferred to your computer, and if successful, a message should appear that indicates that the file has been downloaded. The PEPPER file should then have been saved to your computer.
- If you are not able to download the PEPPER file, refer to the documents titled Configuration Changes for Compatibility with QualityNet and Proxy/Firewall and Upload/Download Troubleshooting Tips for troubleshooting guidelines. You may need assistance from your IT support.